Friday 14 November 2014

The hotel for my staycation

Today maybe wasn’t so frugal.  But it was worth it.

A couple of times a year I pay to have someone help me with cleaning the house.  I was never very good at housework and disability hasn’t improved my skills.  I can’t clean windows now, moving furniture is risky, and quite honestly I just haven’t got the strength or stamina which I had even a few years ago.

So today my gardener's grandaughter, Louise came and cleaned through for me.  She’s only nineteen and she’s a student but boy, can she clean!  My house feels wonderful.  I would usually have the job done in December so it was just a case of bringing it forward.

And it is part of my staycation.  Paying for a few hours cleaning is a lot cheaper than paying for a stay in an hotel.  


That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

4 comments:

  1. I would feel like I had to clean my house first before letting someone else really clean it! (sad but true). Great way to look at a splurge-"hotelify" your own place!

    http://newframereference.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tidy before the cleaner comes otherwise she would have to move things then I would have to find them but it no more bothers me that Louise cleans my house than it bothers me that her grandad does my garden. They have skills that I lack and I have skills which they lack and they are grateful for my skills when they need them. Grandad has said more than once that he'd do my garden four times over rather than conduct a funeral and he was grateful for my care in conducting the funerals of both his parents and the weddings of both his children. Works both ways.

      Delete
  2. I personally think it is money well spent. In fact, I wish I could hire her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I liked your comment over at Cornish Cream. I like enjoying Christmas early, too!

    ReplyDelete